Thursday, April 15, 2010

Princess Shelf

I keep forgetting to take true "before" pictures of the items I make over. Probably because I get so excited over the potential I see in some of these items... I just can't wait. And as you already know---- I LOVE TO SPRAYPAINT!! So when I found this little scrolly shelf in the 5 for $1 section at Neighborhood Thrift I thought of my niece Monica who is ready to have her little girl any day now. It caught my eye right away because of the scrolly design, but then I realized it was a crown. It started out plain light wicker color, so I gave it a coat of Sweet Pea paint. It took about 4 coats because it was dry and it kept absorbing the paint. This would have been a good time to use my primer, but I forgot and kept thinking, "oh, this coat will do it". This is how it looked after I finished painting it.



As usual, I thought it looked a little plain and needed a little somethin' somethin'--- rhinestones of course! It is for a little princess after all.
Here is the finished product:


I can just see that on a dresser with the baby's powder and lotions..... so cute. So as we wait for the yet to be named newest blessing to our family.. I'll keep on repurposing items so that when ____________ arrives, she'll have the cutest room ever. I have 2 other creations in the works for the nursery, but won't be able to complete one of them until the baby is named. So stay tuned! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment